|DePaul||C Melvin 17.1||C Melvin 7.5||B Young 4.3|
|St John's||D Harrison 19.8||J Sampson 6.5||P Greene IV 2.8|
DePaul matches up against St. John's on Wednesday. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPNU. The Blue Demons lost to the Red Storm 71-62 on January 19th and are 0-7 against them over the last four years.
St. John's is in 3rd place in the conference and DePaul is in 14th place.
In their last match-up on January 26th, Brandon Young put up 13 points and 5 rebounds for the Blue Demons in a loss to Pittsburgh, 93-55. He leads the team with 4.3 assists per game and 1.6 steals per game. For the Red Storm, D`Angelo Harrison finished with 24 points and 7 rebounds in the 71-67 win over Seton Hall on January 27th. He leads the team in points with 19.8 per game and steals with 1.7 per game. A key area of strength for St. John's is turnover percentage at 16.6, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 13th nationally).
St. John's StatSmack
- The DePaul assist leader (Brandon Young) has more assists than the St. John's assist leader (Phil Greene IV).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, DePaul has had more players drafted by the NBA than St. John's (2 vs 1).
- DePaul players are more experienced than St. John's players (10,828 minutes played vs 7,944 minutes played).
- The DePaul rebounding leader (Cleveland Melvin) has more rebounds than the St. John's rebounding leader (JaKarr Sampson).
- At least you keep showing up. DePaul has an average margin of victory of 7 over St. John's in 9 wins since 1982.
- Cleveland Melvin is ranked 6th in the Big East in points and 6th in the Big East in rebounds.
- DePaul is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on DePaul is 210 lbs compared to 198 lbs for St. John's.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? DePaul currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 959) than St. John's, per the NCAA.
- Rosemont isn't as congested as New York (population is significantly lower).
|D+||D. Robertson Jr.||15||3||3||0||0||1||1|
|C+||Phil Greene IV||30||8||3||3||1||0||1|