USC vs. UCLA: Full Game Preview
|USC||E Wise 12.5||D Dedmon 7.0||J Fontan 4.7|
|UCLA||S Muhammad 18.2||K Anderson 9.1||L Drew II 8.0|
On Wednesday, UCLA plays host to USC at Pauley Pavilion. The game gets underway at 10:00 EST and you can see it on Pac-12 Network. The Bruins are 6-4 against the Trojans over the last four years. They won 55-40 on 3/7/2012 the last time they played.
UCLA is in 2nd place in the conference, USC is in 9th place.
The Bruins were defeated by Arizona State 78-60 on January 26th despite 19 points and 6 rebounds from Jordan Adams. He tallies 15.3 points per game and also adds 4.0 rebounds per game. For the Trojans, Aaron Fuller finished with 6 points and 6 rebounds in the 74-50 loss to Arizona on January 26th. He is averaging 3.5 points and 3.7 rebounds per game.
UCLA appears to have a key statistical advantage over USC in one area, scoring, where the Bruins have an edge over the Trojans, 77 points per game to 65 points per game.
- Even computers respect UCLA more. We have a better RPI this season than USC (RPI: #55 vs #148).
- We're a talent magnet. Since 1998 UCLA has recruited more Top 10 high school players than USC (7 vs 2).
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 UCLA has recruited more Top 50 high school players than USC (25 vs 9).
- Jordan Adams is ranked 5th in the Pac 12 in points and 5th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- It's only wins and losses, but UCLA has a better overall record than USC this season (10-3 vs 5-8).
- UCLA is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UCLA is 226 lbs compared to 216 lbs for USC.
- UCLA is better under pressure, and has defeated USC in 9 out of the last 15 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- You get an A for effort, but UCLA has emerged victorious against USC the last 4 times they've played.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, UCLA has had more players drafted by the NBA than USC (13 vs 6).
- The UCLA three-point leader (Jordan Adams) has more three-pointers than the USC three-point leader (JT Terrell).
- UCLA has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than USC ($16,824 vs $30,097).
|B||Larry Drew II||35||6||3||8||1||0||2|