Missouri State vs. Creighton: Full Game Preview
|Missouri State||A Downing 14.7||K Pickens 4.6||A Downing 2.7|
|Creighton||D McDermott 23.7||G Echenique 7.5||G Gibbs 6.0|
No. 21 Creighton welcomes Missouri State to CenturyLink Center on Wednesday. The game gets underway at 8:05 EST and it can be seen on FSN. The Bluejays defeated the Bears 74-52 on January 11th and are 5-6 against them over the past four years.
Creighton is in 2nd place in the conference, Missouri State is in 5th place.
In an 81-51 beatdown of Southern Illinois on January 27th, Doug McDermott put up 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Bluejays. He leads the team with 23.7 points per game. For the Bears, Anthony Downing finished with 26 points in the 78-72 win over Drake on January 27th. He leads the team in points with 14.7 per game, assists with 2.7 per game, and steals with 1.2 per game.
Creighton appears to have a key statistical advantage in three areas. The Bluejays have an edge in assists, 17 per game to 10 per game. In addition, Creighton has an advantage in scoring, 78 points per game to 60 points per game. And lastly, the Bluejays have the edge in field goal percentage, 51% to 40%. One category in which Missouri State is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 17.1, ranking 1st in their conference (and 22nd nationally).
Missouri State StatSmack
- Austin Chatman is ranked 2nd in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- Be afraid. Creighton has blown out more teams than Missouri State this season (8 blowouts vs 2).
- The Creighton scoring leader (Doug McDermott) has more points than the Missouri State scoring leader (Anthony Downing).
- Creighton has a better conference record than Missouri State this season (7-2 vs 4-5).
- Creighton does a better job contesting shots (40.0% allowed vs 44.2% allowed) than Missouri State this season.
- Creighton has a more potent offense, scoring more points (78.6 per game vs 60.2 per game) than Missouri State this season.
- Creighton is a better free-throw-shooting team (74.7% vs 64.3%) than Missouri State this season.
- We make our fans proud. Creighton has a better record at home than Missouri State this season (11-1 vs 5-6).
- At least you keep showing up. Creighton has an average margin of victory of 10 over Missouri State in 32 wins since 1989.
- You get an A for effort, but Creighton has emerged victorious against Missouri State the last 2 times they've played.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Creighton has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Missouri State (1 vs 0).