Eastern Michigan vs. Ohio: Full Game Preview
|Eastern Michigan||D Thompson 11.2||D Riley 6.1||J Ross 3.2|
|Ohio||D Cooper 14.6||I Baltic 5.5||D Cooper 8.2|
On Wednesday, Ohio hosts Eastern Michigan at Convocation Center (OH). The game gets underway at 7:00 EST. The Bobcats are 2-2 against the Eagles over the last four years. They lost 68-55 the last time they played (2/11/2012).
Ohio is in 1st place in the conference, Eastern Michigan is in 4th place. Ohio has won its last seven games.
In a 69-68 triumph over Kent State on January 26th, D.J Cooper put up 23 points and 5 assists for the Bobcats. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 14.6 points per game, 8.2 assists per game, and 2.1 steals per game. For the Eagles, Glenn Bryant finished with 10 points in the 42-25 blowout of Northern Illinois on January 26th. He contributes 4.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.0 points per game.
In terms of team stats, Ohio has an advantage in three key areas. The Bobcats have the upper hand over the Eagles in assists, 19 per game to 10 per game. Additionally, Ohio has the advantage over Eastern Michigan in scoring, 74 points per game to 56 points per game. And lastly, the Bobcats have the edge in field goal percentage, 48% to 39%.
Meanwhile, the Eagles have shown an edge in blocked shots, 5 per game to 3 per game.
Eastern Michigan StatSmack
- The Ohio assist leader (D.J Cooper) has more assists than the Eastern Michigan assist leader (Jalen Ross).
- Ivo Baltic is ranked 10th in the MAC in rebounds and 8th in the MAC in steals.
- D.J Cooper is ranked 7th in the MAC in points, 4th in the MAC in three-pointers, 3rd nationally in assists, and 4th in the MAC in steals.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Ohio has had more players drafted by the NBA than Eastern Michigan (1 vs 0).
- The Ohio steals leader (D.J Cooper) has more steals than the Eastern Michigan steals leader (Daylen Harrison).
- Ohio is a better shooting team (47.4% vs 40.0%) than Eastern Michigan this season.
- Be afraid. Ohio has blown out more teams than Eastern Michigan this season (5 blowouts vs 1).
- The Ohio basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Eastern Michigan (87% vs 50%).
- The Ohio scoring leader (D.J Cooper) has more points than the Eastern Michigan scoring leader (Derek Thompson).
- Nick Kellogg is ranked 9th in the MAC in three-pointers.