|UTEP||J Washburn 12.2||J Bohannon 6.3||J Streeter 4.7|
|UAB||R Rucker 14.1||R Rucker 8.3||T Jones 4.1|
On Wednesday, UAB plays host to Texas-El Paso at Bartow Arena. Tip-off occurs at 8:00 EST. The Blazers are 3-3 against the Miners over the last four years. The last time they met (2/4/2012) they won 61-60.
UAB maintains 11th place in the C-USA while Texas-El Paso is in 3rd place.
The Blazers fell 66-61 to Houston on January 26th. Jordan Swing finished with 20 points and 6 rebounds in the loss. In addition to his 13.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.9 rebounds per game. For the Miners, John Bohannon put up 23 points and 9 rebounds in the 68-67 win over East Carolina on January 26th. He leads the team in rebounds with 6.3 per game and blocks with 1.7 per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Texas-El Paso is strong in free throw rate at 45.8. This is good enough for 2nd in the conference and 7th in the nation.
Texas-El Paso StatSmack
- UAB is better under pressure, and has defeated Texas-El Paso in 4 out of the last 6 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We make our fans proud. UAB has a better record at home than Texas-El Paso this season (7-0 vs 5-1).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, UAB has had more players drafted by the NBA than Texas-El Paso (2 vs 1).
- Rod Rucker is ranked 9th in C-USA in rebounds.
- UAB beat Texas-El Paso by 1 point the last time they played (Feb 04, 2012).
- UAB is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UAB is 206 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Texas-El Paso.
- The UAB scoring leader (Jordan Swing) has more points than the Texas-El Paso scoring leader (Julian Washburn).
- The UAB assist leader (Terence Jones) has more assists than the Texas-El Paso assist leader (Jacques Streeter).
- AP voters think more highly of UAB and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Texas-El Paso (10 vs 2).
- The UAB rebounding leader (Rod Rucker) has more rebounds than the Texas-El Paso rebounding leader (John Bohannon).
- The UAB three-point leader (Jordan Swing) has more three-pointers than the Texas-El Paso three-point leader (Konner Tucker).