Oklahoma vs. Baylor: Full Game Preview
|Oklahoma||R Osby 14.4||R Osby 6.4||S Grooms 2.7|
|Baylor||P Jackson 18.7||I Austin 8.8||P Jackson 5.9|
On Wednesday, Baylor welcomes Oklahoma at Ferrell Center. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPNU. The Bears are 5-4 against the Sooners over the last four years. The last time they met (2/25/2012) they won 70-60.
Oklahoma is in 3rd place in the conference and just behind 2nd place Baylor with a chance to catch up.
In their last match-up on January 26th, Pierre Jackson put up 20 points and 5 assists as the Bears ran it up on TCU 82-56. With 18.7 points per game and 5.9 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. For the Sooners, Amath M`Baye finished with 12 points and 7 rebounds in the 67-54 loss to Kansas on January 26th. He is averaging 10.3 points and 5.7 rebounds per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Baylor can exploit Oklahoma, scoring, where the Bears have an edge over the Sooners, 76 points per game to 68 points per game.
- Baylor has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (50% vs 93%).
- Baylor has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Oklahoma ($NA vs $15,659).
- Isaiah Austin is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in points, 4th in the Big 12 in rebounds, and 7th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- Brady Heslip is ranked 4th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- Baylor has a better conference record than Oklahoma this season (5-1 vs 4-2).
- The Baylor rebounding leader (Cory Jefferson) has more rebounds than the Oklahoma rebounding leader (Romero Osby).
- Pierre Jackson is ranked 1st in the Big 12 in points, 3rd in the Big 12 in three-pointers, 43rd nationally in assists, and 5th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Baylor has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Oklahoma according to Kiplinger (47.4% vs 30%).
- The Baylor steals leader (A.J. Walton) has more steals than the Oklahoma steals leader (Buddy Hield).
- At least you keep showing up. Baylor has an average margin of victory of 14 over Oklahoma in 5 wins since 1993.
- The Baylor three-point leader (Pierre Jackson) has more three-pointers than the Oklahoma three-point leader (Steven Pledger).