|Northwestern||R Hearn 14.0||J Swopshire 6.6||D Sobolewski 4.3|
|Michigan||T Burke 17.9||G Robinson III 6.0||T Burke 7.1|
On Wednesday, Northwestern travels to Crisler Arena to take on No. 1 Michigan. It takes place at 6:30 EST and you can catch it on Big Ten Network. The Wildcats fell to the Wolverines 94-66 on January 3rd and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
Northwestern is 8th in the conference and Michigan is 1st. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Wildcats fell 64-49 to Nebraska on January 26th. Dave Sobolewski finished with 21 points and 6 rebounds in the loss. On top of a team-high 4.3 assists per game, he also scores 11.5 points per game. For the Wolverines, Trey Burke put up 19 points and 5 rebounds in the 74-60 win over Illinois on January 27th. He contributes a team-leading 17.9 points per game, 7.1 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game.
There are two important categories where Michigan has a statistical edge. The Wolverines have an advantage over the Wildcats in field goal percentage, with an average of 51% to 41%. In addition, Michigan has the edge in scoring, 78 points per game to 64 points per game. Areas of strength for Michigan include: effective field goal percentage at 58.2 and turnover percentage at 15.2.
- Alex Olah is ranked 10th in the Big Ten in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. Northwestern has an average margin of victory of 7 over Michigan in 13 wins since 1980.
- The Northwestern rebounding leader (Jared Swopshire) has more rebounds than the Michigan rebounding leader (Glenn Robinson III).
- Northwestern has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Michigan (#12 vs #27).
- Northwestern is better under pressure, and has defeated Michigan in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- Northwestern has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Michigan ($20,802 vs $26,819).
- Northwestern players are more experienced than Michigan players (12,622 minutes played vs 9,502 minutes played).
- The Northwestern basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Michigan (90% vs 36%).
- Northwestern has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Michigan (#9 vs #24).
- Dave Sobolewski is ranked 8th in the Big Ten in three-pointers and 5th in the Big Ten in assists.
|D||J. Montgomery III||3||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|A-||Tim Hardaway Jr||34||16||5||3||1||1||2|
|A-||G. Robinson III||33||12||6||1||1||0||1|