Akron vs. Bowling Green: Full Game Preview
|Akron||Z Marshall 12.6||D Treadwell 7.3||A Abreu 5.8|
|Bowling Green||J Crawford 16.5||A Calhoun 7.5||J Crawford 4.1|
Akron visits Stroh Center on Wednesday to take on Bowling Green. The game tips off at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on SportsTime Ohio. The Zips are 8-1 against the Falcons over the last four years. They won 79-68 on 2/22/2012 the last time they played.
Akron is currently in 1st place in the MAC and Bowling Green is in 6th.
In a 68-64 triumph over Buffalo on January 26th, Alex Abreu put up 13 points for the Zips. On top of a team-high 5.8 assists per game, he also scores 9.3 points per game. For the Falcons, Jordon Crawford put up 20 points and 7 assists in the 75-62 loss to Toledo on January 26th. He leads the team in points with 16.5 per game, assists with 4.1 per game, and steals with 1.7 per game.
Akron has a statistical advantage over Bowling Green in one significant area, scoring, where the Zips have an edge over the Falcons, 75 points per game to 61 points per game. Bowling Green will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 19.0 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 102nd in the country.
Bowling Green StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Akron has a stronger schedule than Bowling Green this season (SOS Rank: #207 vs #223).
- Demetrius Treadwell is ranked 8th in the MAC in rebounds.
- At least you keep showing up. Akron has an average margin of victory of 10 over Bowling Green in 23 wins since 1983.
- Akron is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Akron is 78.8 inches compared to 76.0 inches for Bowling Green.
- We just win. Akron has more wins over the last 5 years than Bowling Green (131 vs 83).
- Akron is a better shooting team (45.9% vs 40.5%) than Bowling Green this season.
- Be afraid. Akron has blown out more teams than Bowling Green this season (6 blowouts vs 0).
- Akron allows fewer rebounds (32.4 allowed per game vs 35.8 allowed per game) than Bowling Green this season.
- Akron has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (66.67% to 45.97%).
- We make our fans proud. Akron has a better record at home than Bowling Green this season (10-0 vs 6-2).
- The Akron assist leader (Alex Abreu) has more assists than the Bowling Green assist leader (Jordon Crawford).