|VCU||T Graham 16.0||J Reddic 8.0||D Theus 4.8|
|Rhode Island||X Munford 17.4||N Malesevic 4.9||M Powell 3.3|
Virginia Commonwealth heads to Ryan Center on Wednesday to take on Rhode Island. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST. The Virginia Commonwealth Rams are 1-1 against the Rhode Island Rams over the last four years. The last time they met (12/2/2009) they won 82-80.
Virginia Commonwealth is currently in 2nd place in the A-10 and Rhode Island is in 15th.
In spite of 22 points and 10 rebounds from Juvonte Reddic, the Virginia Commonwealth Rams came up short 69-61 against La Salle on January 26th. On top of a team-high 8.0 rebounds per game, he also scores 14.2 points per game. The Rhode Island Rams were defeated by Fordham 66-63 on January 26th despite 10 points and 6 rebounds from Nikola Malesevic. He is averaging 11.0 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 4.9 per game.
Virginia Commonwealth has a statistical advantage over Rhode Island in one significant area, scoring, where the Virginia Commonwealth Rams have an edge over the Rhode Island Rams, 78 points per game to 61 points per game.
Rhode Island StatSmack
- Treveon Graham is ranked 7th in the A-10 in points.
- Virginia Commonwealth has a more potent offense, scoring more points (79.9 per game vs 60.9 per game) than Rhode Island this season.
- Darius Theus is ranked 6th in the A-10 in assists and 11th nationally in steals.
- Briante Weber is ranked 4th in the A-10 in assists and 1st nationally in steals.
- The Virginia Commonwealth three-point leader (Troy Daniels) has more three-pointers than the Rhode Island three-point leader (Xavier Munford).
- Virginia Commonwealth is a better shooting team (45.8% vs 39.5%) than Rhode Island this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Virginia Commonwealth currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 952) than Rhode Island, per the NCAA.
- Even computers respect Virginia Commonwealth more. We have a better RPI this season than Rhode Island (RPI: #36 vs #139).
- Virginia Commonwealth beat Rhode Island by 2 points the last time they played (Dec 02, 2009).
- Virginia Commonwealth is better at defending the three (28.6% allowed vs 32.0% allowed) than Rhode Island this season.
- Virginia Commonwealth takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Rhode Island (5 vs 0).