UNC Asheville vs. Presbyterian: Full Game Preview
|UNC Asheville||J Atkinson 16.9||J Atkinson 7.9||T Meyer 3.8|
|Presbyterian||K Mutakabbir 15.8||J Clyburn 6.1||E Washington 6.2|
On Wednesday, North Carolina-Asheville travels to Ross E. Templeton P.E. Center to take on Presbyterian. It gets started at 7:00 EST. The Bulldogs are 6-1 against the Blue Hose over the last four years. The last time they met (1/21/2012) they won 66-58.
North Carolina-Asheville is in 2nd place in the conference, Presbyterian is in 9th place.
In a 69-58 win over High Point on January 26th, Will Weeks put up 21 points and 8 rebounds for the Bulldogs. In addition to his 10.0 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.3 rebounds per game. For the Blue Hose, Khalid Mutakabbir put up 29 points in the 82-71 win over Longwood on January 26th. He leads the team with 15.8 points per game.
Digging into season numbers, North Carolina-Asheville has the advantage in two key categories. With the edge in rebounding (37 per game to 29 per game), the Bulldogs should find themselves in a good position on offense. Additionally, North Carolina-Asheville has the advantage over Presbyterian in scoring, 72 points per game to 61 points per game.
- It's only wins and losses, but North Carolina-Asheville has a better overall record than Presbyterian this season (6-7 vs 3-11).
- Even computers respect North Carolina-Asheville more. We have a better RPI this season than Presbyterian (RPI: #163 vs #332).
- D.J. Cunningham is ranked 26th nationally in blocks.
- At least you keep showing up. North Carolina-Asheville has an average margin of victory of 15 over Presbyterian in 6 wins since 2008.
- Keith Hornsby is ranked 8th in the Big South in points and 4th in the Big South in three-pointers.
- The North Carolina-Asheville steals leader (Trent Meyer) has more steals than the Presbyterian steals leader (Khalid Mutakabbir).
- Jeremy Atkinson is ranked 44th nationally in points, 4th in the Big South in rebounds, and 7th in the Big South in steals.
- The North Carolina-Asheville scoring leader (Jeremy Atkinson) has more points than the Presbyterian scoring leader (Khalid Mutakabbir).
- North Carolina-Asheville has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Presbyterian ($12,762 vs $40,050).
- We just win. North Carolina-Asheville has more wins over the last 5 years than Presbyterian (103 vs 52).