(2) Kansas 61
(19-1, 5-0 away)
West Virginia 56
(9-11, 7-3 home)
Venue: WVU Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 28, 2013
||T Releford 15
||K Young 7
||E Johnson 5
||A Murray 17
||A Murray 7
||J Hinds 3
On Monday, January 28th, No. 2 Kansas won on the road against West Virginia 61-56 in conference play. The Jayhawks got the win with 15 points and seven rebounds from Jeff Withey. Travis Releford also put in a solid contribution, scoring a team-high 15 points and adding four rebounds. Aaric Murray got a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds for the Mountaineers. Next up for Kansas (18-1, 7-0 Big 12) is Oklahoma State (13-5, 3-3 Big 12) on Saturday, February 2nd on their home court.
Kansas Game Notes
- Kansas started 19-1 during the 2010, 2009, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over West Virginia extended the Kansas winning streak to 18 games.
- The Jayhawks have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Kansas has won 28 close games.
- The Jayhawks have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Travis Releford and Jeff Withey) accounted for 49.1% of the points.
- Travis Releford has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Kevin Young has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 20 games this season.
- Travis Releford has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeff Withey has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ben McLemore has 8 straight double-digit point games.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The Mountaineers have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, West Virginia has lost 28 close games.
- Aaric Murray accounted for 30.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Aaric Murray and Dominique Rutledge) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (30) than the starters (26).
- Aaric Murray has led the team in scoring 6 times and in rebounding 9 times in 20 games this season.
- Gary Browne set a career high with 4 steals.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Dominique Rutledge.
|C||A. White III||6||1||4||0||0||0||1|