(8-13, 3-11 away)
Jackson State 82
(4-14, 2-2 home)
Venue: Williams Assembly Center
9:10PM ET / 6:10PM PT, January 28, 2013
||T Kennedy 31
||D Haynes 8
||M Mosley 2
||C Williams 27
||D Taylor 8
||D Nelson 7
Arkansas-Pine Bluff was smoked by Jackson State 82-67 in conference play on Monday, January 28th. Arkansas-Pine Bluff was within three at the half, but then struggled in the second half as Jackson State was able to pull away and win big. Terrell Kennedy put up a career-high 31 points and eight rebounds in the Golden Lions loss. DaVon Haynes had 14 points and added eight rebounds. For the Tigers, Christian Williams got a season-high 27 points, including 7-of-13 shooting from three-point range. Arkansas-Pine Bluff (8-13, 7-2 SWAC) takes on Alabama State (6-16, 4-5 SWAC) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Game Notes
- The last time UAPB started the season 8-13 was 2005.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after recording 7 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 82 or more total points this season, Arkansas-Pine Bluff has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Arkansas-Pine Bluff has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.9% or better this season, Arkansas-Pine Bluff has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- UAPB set season lows for assists and blocks.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- Terrell Kennedy recorded a team season high in points with 31, field goals made with 10, free throws attempted with 14, and field goals attempted with 20.
- Terrell Kennedy accounted for 46.2% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (DaVon Haynes and Terrell Kennedy) accounted for 47.0% of the rebounds.
- Terrell Kennedy has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 21 games this season.
- DaVon Haynes has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Terrell Kennedy's career.
- Terrell Kennedy has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Kennedy had career highs with 31 points, 10 field goals made, and 11 free throws made.
- DaVon Haynes has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Mitchell Anderson had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
Jackson State Game Notes
- Christian Williams recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 7.
- Dundrecous Nelson tallied a team season high in assists with 7.
- Christian Williams accounted for 32.9% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Derrell Taylor and Christian Williams) accounted for 41.9% of the rebounds.
- Christian Williams has led the team in scoring 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Derrell Taylor has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Christian Williams's career.
- Christian Williams has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Williams set a career high with 7 three-pointers.
- Dundrecous Nelson set a career high with 7 assists.
- Derrell Taylor set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and 8 defensive rebounds.