South Florida 50
(10-10, 2-5 away)
(25) Marquette 63
(15-4, 12-1 home)
Venue: BMO Harris Bradley Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 28, 2013
||J Hawkins 14
||Z LeDay 7
||A Collins 4
||V Blue 30
||T Lockett 8
||J Cadougan 6
No. 25 Marquette held South Florida to only 27% from the floor and came out on top against the Bulls 63-50 in conference action on Monday, January 28th. The Golden Eagles got the win with a career-high 30 points and six rebounds from Vander Blue. Steve Taylor Jr. had six points and added three rebounds. For the Bulls, Zach LeDay got 10 points and seven rebounds. The next game will be on Sunday, February 3rd when Marquette (15-4, 6-1 Big East) goes to 12th-ranked Louisville (17-4, 5-3 Big East).
Marquette Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:52 left to go.
- Marquette started 15-4 during the 2011, 2007, and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- Marquette beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Golden Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Golden Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- Marquette has won 88% of the time this season (14-2) when opponents record 4 or fewer blocks.
- This season Marquette has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Vander Blue plays 34 minutes or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when Trent Lockett has 4 free throws made or more, and 80% of the time (4-1) when Juan Anderson has 5 rebounds or more.
- The Golden Eagles set a season high for blocks.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Marquette has a 12.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Vander Blue recorded a team season high in points with 30, field goals made with 13, and field goals attempted with 20.
- Vander Blue accounted for 47.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Trent Lockett and Vander Blue) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 19 games this season.
- Trent Lockett has led the team in rebounding in 5 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Vander Blue's career.
- Vander Blue has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Blue had career highs with 30 points and 13 field goals made.
- Chris Otule had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and 4 blocks.
South Florida Game Notes
- South Florida lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Bulls losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Javontae Hawkins and Victor Rudd) accounted for 54.0% of the points.
- Victor Rudd set a career high with 4 steals.
|A||S. Taylor Jr.||15||6||3||1||2||0||0|