South Florida 50
(10-10, 2-5 away)
(25) Marquette 63
(15-4, 12-1 home)
Venue: BMO Harris Bradley Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 28, 2013
||J Hawkins 14
||Z LeDay 7
||A Collins 4
||V Blue 30
||T Lockett 8
||J Cadougan 6
South Florida lost to No. 25 Marquette 63-50 in conference play in a game where they shot just 27%. The Bulls remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-5 for the season. The Bulls got 10 points and seven rebounds from Zach LeDay. Victor Rudd scored 13 points and added three rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Vander Blue got a career-high 30 points and six rebounds. Next up for South Florida (10-10, 1-7 Big East) is Connecticut (13-5, 3-3 Big East) on Sunday, February 3rd on the road.
South Florida Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:52 left to go.
- South Florida started 10-10 during the 2007, 2006, and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, USF played 42 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 5-37.
- South Florida has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 50 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, South Florida has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Bulls set a season high for three-pointers.
- The Bulls have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- South Florida has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- The top two scorers (Javontae Hawkins and Victor Rudd) accounted for 54.0% of the points.
- Victor Rudd had a career high with 4 steals.
Marquette Game Notes
- Vander Blue recorded a team season high in points with 30, field goals made with 13, and field goals attempted with 20.
- Vander Blue accounted for 47.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Trent Lockett and Vander Blue) accounted for 41.1% of the rebounds.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring 9 times in 19 games this season.
- Trent Lockett has led the team in rebounding 5 times in 19 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Vander Blue's career.
- Vander Blue has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Vander Blue set career highs with 30 points and 13 field goals made.
- Chris Otule set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and 4 blocks.
|A||S. Taylor Jr.||15||6||3||1||2||0||0|