On Monday, January 28th, Mississippi Valley State turned the ball over just nine times and won big against Grambling State 65-50 in SWAC action. The Delta Devils got the win with a game-high 17 points and seven rebounds from Matt Smith. Cordarius Samples had a season-high 12 points and added three rebounds. Steven Danridge finished with six points and two rebounds for the Tigers. Next up for Mississippi Valley State (3-16, 3-6 SWAC) is Alabama A&M (7-13, 3-6 SWAC) on Saturday, February 2nd on the road.
Mississippi Valley State Game Notes
- The last time MVSU started the season 3-16 was 1997.
- The Delta Devils set a season high for steals.
- Our 13 steals is the 5th best among all NCAA games this season.
- The last time MVSU recorded at least 13 steals was Mar 07, 2012 against Jackson State.
- MVSU set a season low for turnovers.
- Mississippi Valley State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The top two scorers (Matt Smith and Davon Usher) accounted for 47.6% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Matt Smith and Ervin Thomas) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Matt Smith has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 13 times in 19 games this season.
- Davon Usher has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Grambling State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 18 games.
- Bryant Purvis has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.