Morgan State 61
(6-11, 5-8 away)
NC Central 69
(13-7, 8-3 home)
Venue: McLendon-McDougald Gymnasium
7:45PM ET / 4:45PM PT, January 28, 2013
||J Black 20
||A Hubbard 9
||D Pretlow 4
||R Willis 19
||S Kidd 7
||E Chapman 4
Morgan State faced off with North Carolina Central on Monday, January 28th and was clipped by the Eagles 69-61 in conference play. The Bears got a career-high 20 points and nine rebounds from Anthony Hubbard. Justin Black had a game-high 20 points and added three rebounds. For the Eagles, Ray Willis got a team-high 19 points and five rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). The Bears are on a five-game losing streak. Morgan State (5-11, 2-3 MEAC) hosts Hampton (5-12, 1-2 MEAC) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Morgan State Game Notes
- Morgan State started 6-11 during the 2006 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Morgan State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.6% or better this season, Morgan State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Morgan State has lost 83% of the time (2-10).
- Morgan State set a season low for field goals made.
- The Bears have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- Anthony Hubbard recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 15.
- Justin Black accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- Anthony Hubbard accounted for 32.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Justin Black has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Anthony Hubbard has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- This marks the 4th 20-point game of Justin Black's career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Anthony Hubbard's career.
- Anthony Hubbard has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- DeWayne Jackson has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Tauron Bailey.
North Carolina Central Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ray Willis and Stanton Kidd) accounted for 46.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Stanton Kidd and Jeremy Ingram) accounted for 43.3% of the rebounds.
- Ray Willis has led the team in scoring 7 times in 20 games this season.
- Stanton Kidd has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 20 games this season.
- Stanton Kidd has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Jay Copeland Jr has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jay Copeland Jr.
|A||Jay Copeland Jr||15||10||4||0||0||0||1|