Alabama State 65
(6-16, 1-13 away)
Texas Southern 97
(8-14, 5-3 home)
Venue: Health & PE Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 28, 2013
||P Crawford 18
||P Crawford 12
||J Waters 6
||O Strong 27
||F Sturdivant 14
||R Penn 8
Alabama State was destroyed by Texas Southern 97-65 in conference play in a game where the Tigers scored 48 points from behind the arc. Phillip Crawford picked up a double-double in a losing effort including a team-high 18 points and 12 rebounds. Jamel Waters had eight points and added six assists. Ray Penn finished with 19 points (8 Ast 3 Reb) for the Tigers, making 5 of 7 from three-point range. The next game will be on Saturday, February 2nd when Alabama State (6-16, 4-5 SWAC) welcomes Arkansas-Pine Bluff (8-13, 7-2 SWAC).
Alabama State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:19 left to go.
- Alabama State started 6-16 during the 2010 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The Hornets have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 35.3% or worse.
- Alabama State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-11) after recording 34 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Alabama State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.7% or better this season, Alabama State has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 19 or more free throws made this season, Alabama State has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- The top two scorers (Phillip Crawford and Josh Freelove) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Phillip Crawford accounted for 35.2% of the team's rebounds.
- Phillip Crawford has led the team in scoring 5 times and in rebounding 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Josh Freelove has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Phillip Crawford recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Phillip Crawford.
- Phillip Crawford recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 5th of his career.
- Phillip Crawford had a career high with 7 offensive rebounds.
Texas Southern Game Notes
- Fred Sturdivant recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14.
- The top two scorers (Omar Strong and Lawrence Johnson-Danner) accounted for 48.4% of the points.
- Fred Sturdivant accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Omar Strong has led the team in scoring 9 times in 22 games this season.
- Fred Sturdivant has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 9th 20-point game of Omar Strong's career.
- Omar Strong has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Fred Sturdivant recorded the 9th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Fred Sturdivant has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Fred Sturdivant recorded a double-double. It was his 6th this season and 8th of his career.
- Fred Sturdivant set career highs with 14 rebounds and 10 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Lawrence Johnson-Danner's career.
- Lawrence Johnson-Danner set career highs with 6 three-pointers and 6 assists.