East Tenn State 71
(6-16, 3-9 away)
USC Upstate 88
(12-10, 7-2 home)
Venue: G.B. Hodge Center
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, January 28, 2013
|East Tenn State
|East Tenn State
||J Jones 19
||K Gadsden-Gilliard 11
||P McClain 4
||T Craig 23
||R Glenn 8
||A Rodgers 5
On Monday, January 28th, East Tennessee State forced only nine turnovers and was crushed by USC Upstate 88-71 in conference play. East Tennessee State went in to halftime with a 34-33 lead, but then USC Upstate came out strong in the second half and pulled away at the end. Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard earned a double-double in a losing effort including a season-high 16 points and 11 rebounds. Lester Wilson had 16 points and added six rebounds. For the Spartans, Torrey Craig finished with a game-high 23 points (8 Reb 3 Ast), including 6-of-8 shooting from three-point range. Next up for East Tennessee State (6-16, 4-5 Atlantic Sun) is Northern Kentucky (6-11, 4-5 Atlantic Sun) on Thursday, January 31st on their home court.
East Tennessee State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:21 left to go.
- The last time ETSU started the season 6-16 was 2004.
- East Tennessee State has lost 83% of the time this season (1-5) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- East Tennessee State has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 0 or fewer blocks.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, East Tennessee State has lost 100% of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.8% or better this season, East Tennessee State has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 45.8% or better this season, East Tennessee State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- ETSU set a season low for blocks.
- The Buccaneers have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 3rd loss of the season where the Buccaneers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Jarvis Jones and Lester Wilson) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard accounted for 32.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jarvis Jones has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 22 games this season.
- Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Jarvis Jones has 9 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Jones had a career high with 8 field goals made.
- Lester Wilson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kinard Gadsden-Gilliard recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- This was the 6th foul out of the season for Hunter Harris.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Petey McClain.
USC Upstate Game Notes
- Torrey Craig recorded a team season high in three-pointers with 6.
- The top two scorers (Torrey Craig and Ricardo Glenn) accounted for 44.3% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ricardo Glenn and Torrey Craig) accounted for 51.6% of the rebounds.
- Torrey Craig has led the team in scoring 11 times in 22 games this season.
- Ricardo Glenn has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Torrey Craig's career.
- Torrey Craig has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Torrey Craig set a career high with a 75% three-point percentage.
- Ricardo Glenn set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jodd Maxey.
- Jodd Maxey set a career high with 5 assists.