(17-5, 3-3 away)
(12) Louisville 64
(17-4, 10-1 home)
Venue: KFC Yum! Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 28, 2013
||T Woodall 14
||T Zanna 10
||T Woodall 3
||R Smith 20
||G Dieng 12
||P Siva 10
On Monday, January 28th, Pittsburgh let one slip away to No. 12 Louisville 64-61 in conference play. With the loss, the Panthers fall to 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Dante Taylor put up nine points plus four rebounds in the Panthers loss. Steven Adams had eight points and added seven rebounds. Gorgui Dieng recorded a double-double for the Cardinals on 14 points and 12 rebounds (5 Blk 4 Ast). Pittsburgh (17-5, 5-4 Big East) takes on sixth-ranked Syracuse (18-2, 6-1 Big East) on Saturday, February 2nd at home.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The last time Pittsburgh started the season 17-5 was 2007.
- Pittsburgh beat the spread by 3.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- The Panthers have been unlucky 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Pittsburgh has lost 22 close games.
- Prior to this game, Pittsburgh played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 23-22.
- When the opposition records 64 or more total points this season, Pittsburgh has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 23 or more field goals made this season, Pittsburgh has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- Pittsburgh set a season low for free throws made.
- The Panthers have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- The top two rebounders (Talib Zanna and Steven Adams) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Tray Woodall has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 22 games this season.
- Talib Zanna has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 22 games this season.
- Lamar Patterson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Talib Zanna recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Louisville Game Notes
- Louisville won, but did not cover the spread.
- The Cardinals won this one, but have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Louisville has lost 25 close games.
- Russ Smith accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- Gorgui Dieng accounted for 36.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring 13 times in 21 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 21 games this season.
- This game was the 7th double-digit assist game of Peyton Siva's career.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 17th of his career.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.