(17-5, 3-3 away)
(12) Louisville 64
(17-4, 10-1 home)
Venue: KFC Yum! Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, January 28, 2013
||T Woodall 14
||T Zanna 10
||T Woodall 3
||R Smith 20
||G Dieng 12
||P Siva 10
On Monday, January 28th, No. 12 Louisville edged Pittsburgh 64-61 in Big East action. Gorgui Dieng got 14 points and 12 rebounds (5 Blk 4 Ast) for the Cardinals, earning a double-double. Montrezl Harrell had eight points and added five rebounds. For the Panthers, Dante Taylor finished with nine points and four rebounds. Louisville (17-4, 5-3 Big East) welcomes 25th-ranked Marquette (15-4, 6-1 Big East) on Sunday, February 3rd.
Louisville Game Notes
- Louisville started 17-4 during the 2010, 2008, and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cardinals have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Louisville has won 28 close games.
- The Cardinals have won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- Louisville has won 92% of the time this season (12-1) when its field goal percentage has been 45.1% or better.
- Louisville has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) after committing 12 or fewer turnovers.
- Lville has won 79% of the time this season (11-3) when opponents record 3 or fewer blocks.
- This season Louisville has won 100% of the time (9-0) when Chane Behanan has 12 points or more, 82% of the time (9-2) when Russ Smith has 7 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Gorgui Dieng has 12 rebounds or more.
- Louisville has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 15 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Lville has a 20.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Russ Smith accounted for 31.2% of the team's points.
- Gorgui Dieng accounted for 36.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 21 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 21 games this season.
- This game was the 7th double-digit assist game of Peyton Siva's career.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded the 26th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a double-double. It was his 5th this season and 17th of his career.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The Panthers have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Pittsburgh has lost 22 close games.
- The top two rebounders (Talib Zanna and Steven Adams) accounted for 48.5% of the rebounds.
- Tray Woodall has led the team in scoring 4 times in 22 games this season.
- Talib Zanna has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 22 games this season.
- Lamar Patterson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Talib Zanna recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.