|Kentucky||A Poythress 13.1||N Noel 9.4||R Harrow 3.5|
|Mississippi||M Henderson 19.2||M Holloway 10.4||J Summers 3.8|
Kentucky heads to Tad Smith Coliseum on Tuesday to take on No. 23 Ole Miss. It starts at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Wildcats are 4-2 against the Rebels over the last four years. The last time they met (2/18/2012) they won 77-62.
Kentucky is in 3rd place in the SEC and would love to gain ground on Ole Miss, who sit in 1st place.
In their last match-up, Alex Poythress finished with 20 points and 12 rebounds in the Wildcats 75-70 victory over LSU on January 26th. He leads the team with 13.1 points per game. For the Rebels, LaDarius White finished with 17 points and 5 rebounds in the 63-61 win over Auburn on January 26th. He contributes 2.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.6 points per game. One category in which Ole Miss is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 16.3, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 9th nationally).
Ole Miss StatSmack
- The Kentucky assist leader (Archie Goodwin) has more assists than the Ole Miss assist leader (Jarvis Summers).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Kentucky has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Ole Miss (38 vs 0).
- We're a talent magnet. Since 1998 Kentucky has recruited more Top 10 high school players than Ole Miss (14 vs 0).
- Kentucky has more Top 50 Director's Cup finishes than Ole Miss (17 vs 2)
- Willie Cauley-Stein is ranked 3rd in the SEC in blocks.
- You get an A for effort, but Kentucky has emerged victorious against Ole Miss the last 2 times they've played.
- Nerlens Noel is ranked 2nd in the SEC in rebounds, 15th nationally in steals, and 6th nationally in blocks.
- Kentucky is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Kentucky is 78.2 inches compared to 76.8 inches for Ole Miss.
- Julius Mays is ranked 9th in the SEC in assists.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Kentucky has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Ole Miss (32 vs 1).
- Kentucky takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Ole Miss (9 vs 0).