|Vanderbilt||K Johnson 14.9||K Bright 5.7||K Johnson 3.3|
|Tennessee||J McRae 14.7||J Stokes 8.1||T Golden 4.1|
On Tuesday, Tennessee plays host to Vanderbilt at Thompson-Boling Arena. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Volunteers are 5-3 against the Commodores over the last four years. They won 68-61 on 3/3/2012 the last time they played.
Vanderbilt and Tennessee share 7th place in the SEC.
The Volunteers got past Alabama 54-53 on January 26th with the help of 17 points from Jordan McRae. He leads the team with 14.7 points per game. For the Commodores, Rod Odom finished with 17 points in the 81-59 loss to Missouri on January 26th. He contributes 4.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.7 points per game.
- Tennessee is better at defending the three (25.0% allowed vs 31.7% allowed) than Vanderbilt this season.
- It's only wins and losses, but Tennessee has a better overall record than Vanderbilt this season (8-3 vs 5-6).
- Tennessee beat Vanderbilt by 7 points the last time they played (Mar 03, 2012).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Tennessee has come back to win after being down at half against Vanderbilt 7 times since 1996.
- Tennessee can actually jump, with more rebounds (37.2 per game vs 31.5 per game) than Vanderbilt this season.
- Even computers respect Tennessee more. We have a better RPI this season than Vanderbilt (RPI: #39 vs #191).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Tennessee has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Vanderbilt (7 vs 1).
- Tennessee has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Vanderbilt ($16,588 vs $52,659).
- Skylar McBee is ranked 10th in the SEC in three-pointers.