Georgia Tech vs. Clemson: Full Game Preview
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.5||R Carter 6.9||M Udofia 3.0|
|Clemson||D Booker 12.6||D Booker 7.9||R Hall 3.9|
On Tuesday, Clemson welcomes Georgia Tech at Littlejohn Coliseum. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on RSN or ESPN3.com. The Tigers are 7-2 against the Yellow Jackets over the last four years. The last time they met (2/21/2012) they won 56-37.
Clemson is 7th in the conference and Georgia Tech is 11th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In a 77-70 triumph over Virginia Tech on January 27th, Milton Jennings put up 28 points and 14 rebounds for the Tigers. He tallies 10.8 points per game and also adds 6.3 rebounds per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Robert Carter finished with 20 points and 6 rebounds in the 82-62 blowout of Wake Forest on January 26th. He is averaging 10.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.9 per game.
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- Clemson has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Georgia Tech according to Kiplinger (50% vs 31%).
- The Clemson steals leader (K.J. McDaniels) has more steals than the Georgia Tech steals leader (Mfon Udofia).
- AP voters think more highly of Clemson and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Georgia Tech (53 vs 46).
- You get an A for effort, but Clemson has emerged victorious against Georgia Tech the last 5 times they've played.
- At least you keep showing up. Clemson has an average margin of victory of 9 over Georgia Tech in 36 wins since 1980.
- The Clemson scoring leader (Devin Booker) has more points than the Georgia Tech scoring leader (Marcus Georges-Hunt).
- The Clemson rebounding leader (Devin Booker) has more rebounds than the Georgia Tech rebounding leader (Robert Carter).
- Rod Hall is ranked 8th in the ACC in assists.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Clemson has come back to win after being down at half against Georgia Tech 3 times since 2005.
- Clemson has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.636 to 0.486).
|D+||S. Poole, Jr.||10||3||2||1||0||0||1|