Indiana State vs. Wichita State: Full Game Preview
|Indiana State||J Odum 14.1||J Gant 5.2||J Odum 4.4|
|Wichita State||C Early 15.2||C Hall 7.9||M Armstead 3.9|
On Tuesday, No. 20 Wichita State welcomes Indiana State at Charles Koch Arena. It gets started at 8:05 EST and you can see it on KS22. The Shockers are 8-1 against the Sycamores over the last four years. They won 71-66 on 2/4/2012 the last time they played.
Indiana State and Wichita State are packed together in the conference, holding down 3rd and 1st place, respectively.
In a 73-39 dismantling of Bradley on January 26th, Nick Wiggins put up 12 points for the Shockers. While contributing 1.8 rebounds per game, he also scores 5.6 points per game. For the Sycamores, Jake Odum finished with 16 points and 7 rebounds in the 59-58 win over Northern Iowa on January 26th. He puts up a team-leading 14.1 points per game, 4.4 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game. Indiana State ranks 1st in their conference in free throw rate at 45.9, which also places them 4th in the country.
Indiana State StatSmack
- Even computers respect Wichita State more. We have a better RPI this season than Indiana State (RPI: #18 vs #24).
- AP voters think more highly of Wichita State and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Indiana State (13 vs 0).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Wichita State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (954 to 929) than Indiana State, per the NCAA.
- Carl Hall is ranked 3rd in the Missouri Valley in blocks.
- Wichita State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Wichita State is 212 lbs compared to 197 lbs for Indiana State.
- The Wichita State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Indiana State (85% vs 67%).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Wichita State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Indiana State (2 vs 0).
- The Wichita State blocks leader (Carl Hall) has more blocks than the Indiana State blocks leader (Justin Gant).
- Cleanthony Early is ranked 7th in the Missouri Valley in points.
- Malcolm Armstead is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in assists and 4th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
- You get an A for effort, but Wichita State has emerged victorious against Indiana State the last 2 times they've played.
|C-||Fred Van Vleet||15||3||2||2||1||0||1|