|Indiana State||J Odum 14.1||J Gant 5.2||J Odum 4.4|
|Wichita State||C Early 15.2||C Hall 7.9||M Armstead 3.9|
Indiana State travels to Charles Koch Arena on Tuesday to take on No. 20 Wichita State. It starts at 8:05 EST and you can catch it on KS22. The Sycamores are 1-8 against the Shockers over the last four years. They lost 71-66 the last time they played (2/4/2012).
Wichita State is holding down the 1st spot in the Missouri Valley, right above Indiana State in 3rd place.
The 16 points and 7 rebounds by Jake Odum helped the Sycamores to a 59-58 victory over Northern Iowa on January 26th. He contributes team-best marks with 14.1 points per game, 4.4 assists per game, and 1.5 steals per game. For the Shockers, Jake White put up 11 points and 9 rebounds in the 73-39 blowout of Bradley on January 26th. He contributes 3.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 4.1 points per game. Wichita State will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.9 and offensive rebounding percentage at 38.7.
Wichita State StatSmack
- The Indiana State three-point leader (Lucas Eitel) has more three-pointers than the Wichita State three-point leader (Ron Baker).
- Jake Odum is ranked 6th in the Missouri Valley in points and 5th in the Missouri Valley in assists.
- The Indiana State assist leader (Jake Odum) has more assists than the Wichita State assist leader (Malcolm Armstead).
- It must sting. Indiana State has blown out Wichita State by 20 points or more on 3 occasions since 1997.
- Indiana State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Indiana State is 77.5 inches compared to 76.2 inches for Wichita State.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Indiana State has come back to win after being down at half against Wichita State 4 times since 1999.
- Lucas Eitel is ranked 9th in the Missouri Valley in three-pointers.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Indiana State has a stronger schedule than Wichita State this season (SOS Rank: #22 vs #117).
- The Indiana State scoring leader (Jake Odum) has more points than the Wichita State scoring leader (Cleanthony Early).
|C-||Fred Van Vleet||15||3||2||2||1||0||1|