Nevada vs. UNLV: Full Game Preview
|Nevada||D Burton 16.6||J Evans Jr 5.6||D Burton 3.0|
|UNLV||A Bennett 18.4||A Bennett 8.6||A Marshall 6.0|
UNLV welcomes Nevada to Thomas & Mack Center on Tuesday. The game tips off at 10:00 EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Rebels are 4-0 against the Wolf Pack over the last four years. The last time they met (11/14/2011) they won 71-67.
Nevada is in 6th place in the conference and UNLV is in 3rd place.
In a 62-50 win over Wyoming on January 24th, Anthony Bennett put up 17 points and 5 rebounds for the Rebels. He contributes a team-high 18.4 points per game and 8.6 rebounds per game. For the Wolf Pack, Malik Story finished with 16 points and 6 rebounds in the 75-59 blowout of Boise State on January 26th. He contributes 3.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 15.8 points per game.
There is a single key statistical area where UNLV can exploit Nevada, scoring, where the Rebels have an edge over the Wolf Pack, 76 points per game to 69 points per game.
- Justin Hawkins is ranked 3rd in the Mountain West in steals.
- UNLV is a better three-point shooting team (35.5% vs 30.5%) than Nevada this season.
- Even computers respect UNLV more. We have a better RPI this season than Nevada (RPI: #13 vs #180).
- The UNLV assist leader (Anthony Marshall) has more assists than the Nevada assist leader (Deonte Burton).
- UNLV is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on UNLV is 213 lbs compared to 208 lbs for Nevada.
- UNLV is better at defending the three (28.7% allowed vs 36.9% allowed) than Nevada this season.
- UNLV can actually jump, with more rebounds (41.9 per game vs 35.3 per game) than Nevada this season.
- AP voters think more highly of UNLV and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Nevada (42 vs 36).
- Katin Reinhardt is ranked 8th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 10th in the Mountain West in assists.
- UNLV beat Nevada by 4 points the last time they played (Nov 14, 2011).
- We just win. UNLV has more wins over the last 5 years than Nevada (134 vs 113).
|C||Jerry Evans Jr||26||8||6||1||1||0||1|