|Stony Brook||D Coley 12.1||T Brenton 8.4||T Brenton 5.0|
|Albany||M Black 16.0||S Rowley 6.2||P Hooley 2.9|
On Tuesday, Stony Brook travels to Recreation and Convocation Center to take on Albany. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Seawolves are 9-2 against the Great Danes over the last four years. The last time they met (3/4/2012) they won 57-55.
Albany is in 3rd place in the conference and just behind 1st place Stony Brook with a chance to catch up.
In their last game, Eric McAlister put up 22 points and 5 rebounds in the Seawolves 79-69 win over Maine on January 26th. He is putting up 4.7 points per game while also averaging 3.1 rebounds per game. The Great Danes were defeated by Vermont 50-43 on January 26th despite 10 points and 8 rebounds from Peter Hooley. He is averaging 8.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.9 assists per game. Albany will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 43.4 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 23rd in the country.
- You get an A for effort, but Stony Brook has emerged victorious against Albany the last 4 times they've played.
- Eric McAlister is ranked 9th in the America East in blocks.
- Stony Brook is better under pressure, and has defeated Albany in 8 out of the last 12 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Stony Brook rebounding leader (Tommy Brenton) has more rebounds than the Albany rebounding leader (Blake Metcalf).
- Stony Brook has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Albany ($17,528 vs $22,092).
- The Stony Brook blocks leader (Jameel Warney) has more blocks than the Albany blocks leader (Blake Metcalf).
- Jameel Warney is ranked 5th in the America East in rebounds and 2nd in the America East in blocks.
- We just win. Stony Brook has more wins over the last 5 years than Albany (91 vs 83).
- Tommy Brenton is ranked 3rd in the America East in rebounds, 1st in the America East in assists, and 3rd in the America East in steals.
- The Stony Brook steals leader (Tommy Brenton) has more steals than the Albany steals leader (Mike Black).