Illinois State vs. Bradley: Full Game Preview
|Illinois State||J Carmichael 18.1||J Carmichael 9.4||K Keane 3.9|
|Bradley||W Lemon Jr. 14.2||W Egolf 5.6||W Lemon Jr. 3.6|
Illinois State visits Carver Arena on Tuesday to take on Bradley. Tip-off is at 8:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com or MVC-TV. The Redbirds are 7-1 against the Braves over the last four years. They won 54-53 on 2/25/2012 the last time they played.
Illinois State is in 8th place in the conference, Bradley is in 5th place.
The 24 points and 14 rebounds by Jackie Carmichael helped the Redbirds to a 67-62 victory over Evansville on January 26th. With 18.1 points per game, 9.4 rebounds per game, and 2.1 blocks per game, he leads the team in all three categories. The Braves were defeated by Wichita State 73-39 on January 26th despite 14 points from Walt Lemon Jr.. With 14.2 points per game and 3.6 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Illinois State has a statistical advantage over Bradley in one significant category, scoring, where the Redbirds have an edge over the Braves, 74 points per game to 66 points per game.
- The Illinois State assist leader (Kaza Keane) has more assists than the Bradley assist leader (Walt Lemon Jr.).
- Jackie Carmichael is ranked 49th nationally in points, 1st in the Missouri Valley in rebounds, and 38th nationally in blocks.
- We just win. Illinois State has more wins over the last 5 years than Bradley (113 vs 86).
- Illinois State is a better shooting team (49.7% vs 44.5%) than Bradley this season.
- At least you keep showing up. Illinois State has an average margin of victory of 7 over Bradley in 35 wins since 1980.
- The Illinois State blocks leader (Jackie Carmichael) has more blocks than the Bradley blocks leader (Will Egolf).
- Illinois State has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Bradley ($20,876 vs $34,574).
- Illinois State has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (62% vs 73%).
- Johnny Hill is ranked 6th in the Missouri Valley in assists and 5th in the Missouri Valley in steals.
|B||Walt Lemon Jr.||33||14||3||4||2||0||4|