Wisconsin vs. Ohio State: Full Game Preview
|Wisconsin||J Berggren 12.0||R Evans 7.8||B Brust 2.9|
|Ohio State||D Thomas 20.0||D Thomas 6.5||A Craft 4.7|
On Tuesday, No. 11 Ohio State plays host to Wisconsin at Value City Arena. The game gets underway at 7:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN. The Buckeyes are 4-4 against the Badgers over the last four years. They fell 63-60 on 2/26/2012, the last time they met.
Ohio State is tied with Wisconsin for the 4th spot in the conference.
The 16 points and 6 rebounds by Sam Thompson helped the Buckeyes to a 65-51 victory over Penn State on January 26th. In addition to his 7.5 points per game, he is also chipping in 3.5 rebounds per game. For the Badgers, Ryan Evans finished with 10 points and 8 rebounds in the 45-44 win over Minnesota on January 26th. He averages 10.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 7.8 rebounds per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Wisconsin is strong in the following categories: turnover percentage at 14.8 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.7.
- Shannon Scott is ranked 6th in the Big Ten in assists and 39th nationally in steals.
- Ohio State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.797 to 0.698).
- Ohio State has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Wisconsin (2 vs 0).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Ohio State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Wisconsin (17 vs 2).
- Even computers respect Ohio State more. We have a better RPI this season than Wisconsin (RPI: #45 vs #157).
- We just win. Ohio State has more wins over the last 5 years than Wisconsin (150 vs 135).
- At least you keep showing up. Ohio State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Wisconsin in 38 wins since 1980.
- The Ohio State scoring leader (Deshaun Thomas) has more points than the Wisconsin scoring leader (Jared Berggren).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Ohio State has come back to win after being down at half against Wisconsin 4 times since 1998.
- Aaron Craft is ranked 4th in the Big Ten in assists.
- Ohio State has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Wisconsin (#8 vs #21).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||28||10||6||2||1||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||8||3||2||0||0||0||1|