(12-8, 2-5 away)
Venue: Jon M. Huntsman Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 27, 2013
||D Powell 14
||J Huestis 8
||A Bright 2
||J Loveridge 12
||J Loveridge 7
||J DuBois 3
Stanford squared off with Utah on Sunday, January 27th and thumped the Utes 87-56 in conference action. It was all Stanford from the beginning and they led 46-26 at the half. The Cardinal were led by John Gage, who put up a career-high 19 points plus six rebounds. Chasson Randle had 17 points and added eight rebounds (3 Ast 3 Stl). For the Utes, Renan Lenz finished with eight points and eight rebounds. The next game will be on Wednesday, January 30th when Stanford (12-8, 3-4 Pac 12) welcomes 16th-ranked Oregon (18-2, 7-0 Pac 12).
Stanford Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:49 left to go.
- Stanford started 12-8 during the 2005 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Stanford beat the spread by 28.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Cardinal have beaten the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Stanford has been on the winning end of 30 blowout games.
- The Cardinal have won 80% of the time this season (8-2) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- Stanford has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- This season Stanford has won 100% of the time (4-0) when Josh Huestis has 13 points or more and 78% of the time (7-2) when Dwight Powell has 9 rebounds or more.
- The Cardinal set a season high for total points.
- The last time Stanford recorded at least 87 total points was Mar 19, 2012 against Illinois State.
- The Cardinal have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- Stanford has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (John Gage and Chasson Randle) accounted for 41.3% of the points.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Chasson Randle has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Chasson Randle had career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Dwight Powell has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwight Powell had a career high with 5 assists.
Utah Game Notes
- Utah lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two rebounders (Renan Lenz and Jason Washburn) accounted for 55.5% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (24).