Utah was smoked by Stanford 87-56 in conference play on Sunday, January 27th. The game got away from Utah early, as they dug themselves a 46-26 hole at halftime and never got back into it. Renan Lenz put up eight points plus eight rebounds in the Utes loss. Jason Washburn had six points and added seven rebounds. For the Cardinal, John Gage got a career-high 19 points and six rebounds. Utah (8-11, 1-7 Pac 12) hosts Colorado (14-6, 4-4 Pac 12) on Saturday, February 2nd.
Utah Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 9:49 left to go.
- Utah has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- The Utes have lost 80% of the time this season (1-4) after having a field goal percentage of 38.2% or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Utah has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Utah has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- Utah set a season low for rebounds.
- The Utes have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Utah has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Utah has a 7.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Renan Lenz and Jason Washburn) accounted for 55.5% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (15) than the starters (12).
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (24).
Stanford Game Notes
- The top two scorers (John Gage and Chasson Randle) accounted for 41.3% of the points.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 20 games this season.
- Chasson Randle has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Chasson Randle set career highs with 8 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Dwight Powell has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwight Powell set a career high with 5 assists.