(18-3, 7-2 away)
Southern Illinois 51
(8-12, 4-4 home)
Venue: SIU Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 27, 2013
||D McDermott 23
||G Echenique 7
||G Gibbs 6
||D Jackson 16
||J Early 7
||K Brown-Surles 2
Southern Illinois allowed No. 17 Creighton to shoot 63% from the field and was blown out by the Bluejays 81-51 in conference play on Sunday, January 27th. The game got away from Southern Illinois early, as they dug themselves a 43-25 hole at halftime and never got back into it. The Salukis remain winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Desmar Jackson put up a team-high 16 points plus two rebounds in the loss. Colby Long scored six points and added three rebounds. Doug McDermott recorded a double-double for the Bluejays on a game-high 21 points and 10 rebounds. The Salukis are on a five-game losing streak. Southern Illinois (8-12, 1-8 The Valley) takes on Drake (9-11, 3-6 The Valley) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:33 left to go.
- Prior to this game, SIU played 12 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 2-10.
- Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 51 or fewer total points.
- The Salukis have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 37.0% or worse.
- Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after committing 8 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 81 or more total points this season, Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 39 or more rebounds this season, Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 20 or more assists this season, Southern Illinois has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- SIU set season lows for field goals made and rebounds.
- Southern Illinois has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--SIU has a 1.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Desmar Jackson accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dantiel Daniels and Colby Long) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 20 games this season.
- Josh Swan had a career high with 5 steals.
Creighton Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Doug McDermott and Grant Gibbs) accounted for 41.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gregory Echenique and Doug McDermott) accounted for 53.8% of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 17 times in 21 games this season.
- Gregory Echenique has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 45th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 24th of his career.
- Doug McDermott set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Grant Gibbs has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Grant Gibbs set a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Jahenns Manigat set career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
|C||A. Beane Jr.||34||8||1||0||0||0||0|