(18-3, 7-2 away)
Southern Illinois 51
(8-12, 4-4 home)
Venue: SIU Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 27, 2013
||D McDermott 23
||G Echenique 7
||G Gibbs 6
||D Jackson 16
||J Early 7
||K Brown-Surles 2
On an evening when they shot 63% from the floor, No. 17 Creighton pounded Southern Illinois 81-51 in The Valley play. It was all Creighton from the beginning and they led 43-25 at the half. Doug McDermott got a game-high 21 points and 10 rebounds for the Bluejays, earning a double-double. Gregory Echenique got a double-double as well with 12 points and 11 rebounds. For the Salukis, Desmar Jackson finished with a team-high 16 points and two rebounds. Creighton (18-3, 7-2 The Valley) hosts Missouri State (6-15, 4-5 The Valley) on Wednesday, January 30th.
Creighton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:33 left to go.
- The last time Creighton started the season 18-3 was 2003.
- Creighton beat the spread by 19.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bluejays have beaten the spread.
- This was the 8th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Creighton has been on the winning end of 32 blowout games.
- The Bluejays have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Creighton has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- Creighton has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.0% field goal percentage.
- This season Creighton has won 87% of the time (13-2) when Doug McDermott has 21 points or more, 100% of the time (6-0) when Jahenns Manigat has 4 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Ethan Wragge has 4 three-pointers or more.
- The Bluejays set season highs for three-point percentage and turnovers.
- The last time Creighton had a three-point percentage of 60.0% or higher was Feb 14, 2012 against Southern Illinois.
- The Bluejays have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 14 games.
- The top two scorers (Doug McDermott and Grant Gibbs) accounted for 41.9% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gregory Echenique and Doug McDermott) accounted for 53.8% of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 21 games this season.
- Gregory Echenique has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 45th 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 24th of his career.
- Doug McDermott had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Grant Gibbs has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Grant Gibbs had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Jahenns Manigat had career highs with a 100% field goal percentage and a 100% three-point percentage.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- Southern Illinois lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Salukis losing streak to 4 games.
- Desmar Jackson accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Dantiel Daniels and Colby Long) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring 9 times in 20 games this season.
- Josh Swan set a career high with 5 steals.
|C||A. Beane Jr.||34||8||1||0||0||0||0|