Florida State 47
(11-8, 4-3 away)
(25) Miami 71
(15-3, 9-2 home)
Venue: BankUnited Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 27, 2013
||M Snaer 13
||T Shannon 6
||M Snaer 2
||D Scott 14
||R Johnson 9
||S Larkin 4
Florida State faced off with No. 25 Miami (FL) on Sunday, January 27th and was smoked by the Hurricanes 71-47 in conference play. The Seminoles are still looking for their first win over an AP-Ranked team this season (0-3). Ian Miller put up a team-high 12 points and four rebounds in the loss. Okaro White had six points. For the Hurricanes, Julian Gamble got seven points and six rebounds. Florida State (11-8, 3-3 ACC) takes on Maryland (15-5, 3-4 ACC) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Florida State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:40 left to go.
- Florida State started 11-8 during the 2002 and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, FSU played 41 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 17-24.
- Florida State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 47 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 71 or more total points this season, Florida State has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- FSU set season lows for field goals made and field goal percentage.
- Florida State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (11).
- The bench recorded more points (28) than the starters (19).
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Okaro White.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- Shane Larkin has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Trey McKinney-Jones has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Shane Larkin set career highs with 9 defensive rebounds and 6 assists.
- Durand Scott has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Julian Gamble set a career high with 4 blocks.
- Kenny Kadji has 9 straight double-digit point games.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||20||5||1||0||0||0||0|