Florida State 47
(11-8, 4-3 away)
(25) Miami 71
(15-3, 9-2 home)
Venue: BankUnited Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 27, 2013
||M Snaer 13
||T Shannon 6
||M Snaer 2
||D Scott 14
||R Johnson 9
||S Larkin 4
No. 25 Miami (FL) pounded Florida State 71-47 in ACC play on Sunday, January 27th. The Hurricanes got the win with seven points and six rebounds from Julian Gamble. Shane Larkin also had a good game, scoring eight points and adding nine rebounds. For the Seminoles, Ian Miller got a team-high 12 points and four rebounds. Next up for Miami (FL) (14-3, 6-0 ACC) is Virginia Tech (11-8, 2-4 ACC) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:40 left to go.
- The last time Miami (FL) started the season 15-3 was 2009.
- The win over Florida State extended the Miami (FL) winning streak to 7 games.
- Miami (FL) beat the spread by 14.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Hurricanes have beaten the spread.
- This was the 4th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Miami (FL) has been on the winning end of 33 blowout games.
- The Hurricanes have won 100% of the time this season (10-0) after recording 71 or more total points.
- Miami (FL) has won 100% of the time this season (9-0) when its three-point percentage has been 36.4% or better.
- Miami (FL) has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after committing 8 or fewer turnovers.
- Miami (FL) has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 32 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Miami (FL) has won 85% of the time (11-2) when Durand Scott has 11 points or more, 82% of the time (14-3) when Shane Larkin plays 34 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Trey McKinney-Jones has 3 three-pointers or more.
- The Hurricanes set a season high for assists.
- Miami (FL) set a season low for steals.
- The Hurricanes have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 4 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--Miami (FL) has a 17.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shane Larkin has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 18 games this season.
- Trey McKinney-Jones has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Shane Larkin had career highs with 9 defensive rebounds and 6 assists.
- Durand Scott has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Julian Gamble had a career high with 4 blocks.
- Kenny Kadji has 9 straight double-digit point games.
Florida State Game Notes
- Florida State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, FSU has been on the losing end of 6 blowout games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (11).
- The bench recorded more points (28) than the starters (19).
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Okaro White.
|C-||T. Whisnant II||20||5||1||0||0||0||0|