(2) Michigan 74
(19-1, 4-1 away)
(15-6, 11-4 home)
Venue: Assembly Hall (IL)
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, January 27, 2013
||T Burke 19
||M McGary 8
||T Burke 5
||B Paul 15
||N Egwu 10
||T Abrams 3
On Sunday, Jan. 27, No. 2 Michigan took on Illinois and got a road win against the Fighting Illini 74-60 in Big Ten play. Glenn Robinson III played brilliantly for the Wolverines and put up 12 points and seven rebounds. Trey Burke had a game-high 19 points and added five rebounds (5 Ast 3 Stl). D.J. Richardson finished with 12 points and seven rebounds for the Fighting Illini. This makes three wins in a row for the Wolverines. Michigan (19-1, 6-1 Big Ten) takes on Northwestern (12-9, 3-5 Big Ten) on Wednesday, Jan. 30 at home.
Michigan Game Notes
- The win over Illinois extended the Michigan winning streak to three games.
- Michigan beat the spread by eight points. That makes the 12th time this season the Wolverines have beaten the spread.
- Trey Burke recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 19.
- The top two scorers (Trey Burke and Nik Stauskas) accounted for 44.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Trey Burke has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 20 games this season.
- Mitch McGary has led the team in rebounding in five out of 20 games this season.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Trey Burke has 20 straight double-digit point games.
- Nik Stauskas has three straight double-digit point games.
Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Brandon Paul and D.J. Richardson) accounted for 45.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nnanna Egwu and D.J. Richardson) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Brandon Paul has led the team in scoring 15 times in 21 games this season.
- Nnanna Egwu has led the team in rebounding seven times in 21 games this season.
- Brandon Paul has three straight double-digit point games.
- Nnanna Egwu recorded the second double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nnanna Egwu set a career high with 10 rebounds.
|A||G. Robinson III||38||12||7||2||1||0||0|
|A||Tim Hardaway Jr||38||12||3||2||3||1||2|