(6-14, 3-10 away)
(11-11, 6-5 home)
Venue: Alumni Gymnasium
4:00PM ET / 1:00PM PT, January 27, 2013
||G Beamon 13
||R Brown 6
||R Stores 2
||A Myles 12
||D Stewart 6
||J Thompson 3
On Sunday, January 27th, Manhattan took on Rider and got a road win against the Broncs 62-51 in conference action. With the win, the Jaspers tie the season series against Rider at 1-1. The Jaspers got a double-double out of Rhamel Brown with 10 points and 10 rebounds. Shane Richards had a season-high 19 points and added two rebounds. Jonathon Thompson finished with a team-high 18 points on 78% shooting for the Broncs. Manhattan (6-14, 4-6 MAAC) takes on Siena (5-16, 3-7 MAAC) on Friday, February 1st on the road.
Manhattan Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:00 left to go.
- Manhattan beat the spread by 16.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Jaspers have beaten the spread.
- The Jaspers have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 62 or more total points.
- The Jaspers set a season high for three-point percentage.
- The last time Manhattan had a three-point percentage of 63.6% or higher was Jan 02, 2007 against Pepperdine.
- The Jaspers have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 5 games.
- Shane Richards accounted for 30.6% of the team's points.
- Rhamel Brown accounted for 30.3% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more points (37) than the starters (25).
- Shane Richards has led the team in scoring in 5 out of 20 games this season.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 20 games this season.
- Rhamel Brown recorded the 15th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 10th of his career.
Rider Game Notes
- Rider lost and did not cover the spread.
- Jonathon Thompson accounted for 35.2% of the team's points.
- Danny Stewart accounted for 33.3% of the team's rebounds.
- Jonathon Thompson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 22 games this season.
- Danny Stewart has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 22 games this season.
|C+||M. Jackson Jr.||21||4||2||1||2||0||1|