(11-9, 9-5 home)
Venue: Mackey Arena
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, January 27, 2013
||R Devyn Marble 14
||A White 6
||A Clemmons 3
||T Johnson 13
||A Hammons 6
||R Johnson 3
Purdue just barely got by Iowa 65-62 in overtime on Sunday, January 27th. The Boilermakers got a double-double out of Terone Johnson with a team-high 17 points and 12 rebounds. D.J. Byrd also had a solid game, scoring 10 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Hawkeyes, Melsahn Basabe finished with 12 points and eight rebounds. Purdue (11-9, 4-3 Big Ten) takes on seventh-ranked Indiana (18-2, 6-1 Big Ten) on Wednesday, January 30th on their home court.
Purdue Game Notes
- Purdue beat the spread by 1.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Boilermakers have beaten the spread.
- Purdue has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Boilermakers have played in 9 overtime games with a record of 3-6.
- Purdue has won 91% of the time this season (10-1) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- Purdue has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 31.1% field goal percentage.
- This season Purdue has won 80% of the time (4-1) when D.J. Byrd has 4 assists or more and 75% of the time (6-2) when A.J. Hammons has 3 blocks or more.
- The Boilermakers set a season high for blocks.
- Purdue has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Purdue has a 11.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Terone Johnson recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Terone Johnson and Ronnie Johnson) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Terone Johnson and A.J. Hammons) accounted for 48.8% of the rebounds.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Terone Johnson recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terone Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Terone Johnson recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Terone Johnson had career highs with 12 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- D.J. Byrd has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Byrd had a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- A.J. Hammons recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for A.J. Hammons.
Iowa Game Notes
- Iowa lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Hawkeyes have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa has lost 27 close games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Gesell and Aaron White) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (15).
- Melsahn Basabe has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 20 games this season.
- Aaron White has 5 straight double-digit point games.