(11-9, 9-5 home)
Venue: Mackey Arena
3:30PM ET / 12:30PM PT, January 27, 2013
||R Devyn Marble 14
||A White 6
||A Clemmons 3
||T Johnson 13
||A Hammons 6
||R Johnson 3
On Sunday, January 27th, Iowa took on Purdue and was narrowly defeated by the Boilermakers 65-62 in overtime. The Hawkeyes were paced by Melsahn Basabe, who put up 12 points and eight rebounds. Mike Gesell had a game-high 18 points and added four rebounds. Terone Johnson registered a double-double for the Boilermakers on a team-high 17 points and 12 rebounds. Iowa (13-7, 2-5 Big Ten) takes on Penn State (8-12, 0-8 Big Ten) on Thursday, January 31st on their home court.
Iowa Game Notes
- The last time Iowa started the season 13-7 was 2001.
- Iowa has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Hawkeyes have played in 8 overtime games with a record of 3-5.
- The Hawkeyes have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Iowa has lost 27 close games.
- When the opposition records 8 or more blocks this season, Iowa has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- The top two scorers (Mike Gesell and Aaron White) accounted for 48.3% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (15).
- Melsahn Basabe has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 20 games this season.
- Aaron White has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Purdue Game Notes
- The Boilermakers won this one, but have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Purdue has lost 22 close games.
- Terone Johnson recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Terone Johnson and Ronnie Johnson) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Terone Johnson and A.J. Hammons) accounted for 48.8% of the rebounds.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 5 times in 20 games this season.
- Terone Johnson recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terone Johnson has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Terone Johnson recorded a double-double. It was the 2nd of his career.
- Terone Johnson set career highs with 12 rebounds and 9 defensive rebounds.
- D.J. Byrd has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- D.J. Byrd set a career high with 7 defensive rebounds.
- A.J. Hammons recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for A.J. Hammons.