|James Madison||R Goins 13.7||R Goins 7.9||D Moore 4.2|
|UNC Wilmington||K Rendleman 15.9||K Rendleman 10.5||C Dixon 2.3|
On Monday, North Carolina-Wilmington hosts James Madison at Trask Coliseum. It gets started at 7:00 EST. The Seahawks lost to the Dukes 78-50 on January 9th and are 2-5 against them over the last four years.
James Madison is in 2nd place in the conference and North Carolina-Wilmington is in 8th place.
The 22 points and 8 rebounds by Chris Dixon helped the Seahawks to a 57-51 victory over Hofstra on January 26th. He is averaging 9.6 points per game while also contributing a team-high 2.3 assists per game. For the Dukes, Andre Nation put up 14 points and 7 rebounds in the 56-46 win over Old Dominion on January 26th. With 1.5 steals per game and 1.3 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which James Madison is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.3, ranking 1st in their conference (and 69th nationally).
James Madison StatSmack
- At least you keep showing up. North Carolina-Wilmington has an average margin of victory of 11 over James Madison in 32 wins since 1981.
- North Carolina-Wilmington is better under pressure, and has defeated James Madison in 7 out of the last 10 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. North Carolina-Wilmington has come back to win after being down at half against James Madison 8 times since 1996.
- The North Carolina-Wilmington scoring leader (Keith Rendleman) has more points than the James Madison scoring leader (Rayshawn Goins).
- North Carolina-Wilmington has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than James Madison ($14,009 vs $16,756).
- North Carolina-Wilmington can actually jump, with more rebounds (34.2 per game vs 30.8 per game) than James Madison this season.
- Cedrick Williams is ranked 6th in the CAA in rebounds and 4th in the CAA in blocks.
- North Carolina-Wilmington is better at defending the three (31.3% allowed vs 39.3% allowed) than James Madison this season.
- Keith Rendleman is ranked 7th in the CAA in points, 37th nationally in rebounds, 3rd in the CAA in steals, and 10th in the CAA in blocks.
- It must sting. North Carolina-Wilmington has blown out James Madison by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1997.
- Freddie Jackson is ranked 10th in the CAA in steals.