|East Tenn State||M Dubose 15.5||L Wilson 5.7||P McClain 3.7|
|USC Upstate||T Craig 17.2||R Glenn 8.5||T Greene 2.4|
On Monday, USC Upstate welcomes East Tennessee State at G.B. Hodge Center. It gets started at 7:30 EST and it can be seen on ESPN3.com. The Spartans are 2-6 against the Buccaneers over the last four years. They won 58-54 on 1/27/2012 the last time they played.
East Tennessee State is in 6th place in the conference and will be trying to close the gap with 5th place USC Upstate.
In their last match-up on January 26th, Ty Greene put up 24 points and 5 rebounds as the Spartans ran it up on Jacksonville 79-64. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 2.4 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game. In an 89-75 victory over North Florida on January 26th, Hunter Harris put up 25 points and 8 rebounds for the Buccaneers. He is averaging 7.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.0 blocks per game.
USC Upstate has a statistical advantage over East Tennessee State in two key categories. The Spartans have an edge in assists, 16 per game to 10 per game. Additionally, USC Upstate has the advantage over East Tennessee State in scoring, 71 points per game to 62 points per game.
East Tennessee State StatSmack
- The USC Upstate rebounding leader (Ricardo Glenn) has more rebounds than the East Tennessee State rebounding leader (Hunter Harris).
- USC Upstate is a better shooting team (45.2% vs 37.0%) than East Tennessee State this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? USC Upstate currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (926 to 1000) than East Tennessee State, per the NCAA.
- Even computers respect USC Upstate more. We have a better RPI this season than East Tennessee State (RPI: #222 vs #276).
- USC Upstate has a more potent offense, scoring more points (69.8 per game vs 57.1 per game) than East Tennessee State this season.
- The USC Upstate assist leader (Ty Greene) has more assists than the East Tennessee State assist leader (Rashawn Rembert).
- The USC Upstate blocks leader (Jodd Maxey) has more blocks than the East Tennessee State blocks leader (Hunter Harris).
- Ty Greene is ranked 10th in the Atlantic Sun in three-pointers, 8th in the Atlantic Sun in assists, and 4th in the Atlantic Sun in steals.
- The USC Upstate scoring leader (Torrey Craig) has more points than the East Tennessee State scoring leader (Lester Wilson).
- USC Upstate beat East Tennessee State by 4 points the last time they played (Jan 27, 2012).
- Jodd Maxey is ranked 2nd in the Atlantic Sun in blocks.