|UAPB||T Kennedy 14.1||D Haynes 7.0||T Hammond 3.6|
|Jackson State||D Nelson 15.7||D Taylor 5.1||D Nelson 2.6|
On Monday, Arkansas-Pine Bluff travels to Williams Assembly Center to take on Jackson State. It gets started at 9:10 EST. The Golden Lions are 3-5 against the Tigers over the last four years. The last time they met (2/25/2012) they won 46-44.
Arkansas-Pine Bluff is in 2nd place in the conference, Jackson State is in 8th place. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has won its last four games.
In their last game, Tevin Hammond put up 20 points and 6 rebounds in the Golden Lions 79-67 win over Grambling State on January 26th. He leads the team in assists per game with 3.6 while also putting up 7.1 points per game. For the Tigers, Derrell Taylor finished with 10 points and 9 rebounds in the 60-57 win over Mississippi Valley State on January 26th. He is averaging 5.4 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.1 per game.
Jackson State StatSmack
- The Arkansas-Pine Bluff blocks leader (Mitchell Anderson) has more blocks than the Jackson State blocks leader (Sydney Coleman).
- The Arkansas-Pine Bluff rebounding leader (DaVon Haynes) has more rebounds than the Jackson State rebounding leader (Derrell Taylor).
- Tevin Hammond is ranked 4th in the SWAC in assists and 32nd nationally in steals.
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Arkansas-Pine Bluff is 76.5 inches compared to 74.1 inches for Jackson State.
- The Arkansas-Pine Bluff basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Jackson State (38% vs 25%).
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Arkansas-Pine Bluff is 203 lbs compared to 188 lbs for Jackson State.
- It's only wins and losses, but Arkansas-Pine Bluff has a better overall record than Jackson State this season (8-12 vs 3-14).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Arkansas-Pine Bluff has a stronger schedule than Jackson State this season (SOS Rank: #264 vs #324).
- Arkansas-Pine Bluff does a better job contesting shots (41.9% allowed vs 46.2% allowed) than Jackson State this season.
- Mitchell Anderson is ranked 6th in the SWAC in blocks.