On Sunday, January 27th, Missouri State came out on top against Drake 78-72 in conference action. The Bears now have a record of 0-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Bears were led by Anthony Downing, who put up a season-high 26 points plus four assists. Keith Pickens also had an outstanding outing, scoring a career-high 19 points and adding seven rebounds. Seth VanDeest finished with 12 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs. Missouri State (6-15, 4-5 The Valley) takes on 17th-ranked Creighton (17-3, 6-2 The Valley) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Missouri State Game Notes
- MSU beat the spread by 7.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Bears have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 75 or more total points.
- The Bears set a season high for field goal percentage.
- The last time MSU had a field goal percentage of 56.3% or higher was Dec 31, 2011 against Drake.
- The Bears have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 4 games.
- Missouri State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--MSU has a 0.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Downing recorded a team season high in points with 26 and field goals made with 10.
- Anthony Downing accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gavin Thurman and Keith Pickens) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Downing has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Anthony Downing's career.
- Anthony Downing has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Downing had a career high with 26 points.
- Keith Pickens had career highs with 19 points and 6 field goals made.
Drake Game Notes
- Drake lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Ben Simons and Micah Mason) accounted for 53.7% of the points.
- Jordan Clarke accounted for 37.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring 6 times in 20 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 20 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.