Drake fell to Missouri State 78-72 in conference play on Sunday, January 27th. The Bulldogs fall to 1-1 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Seth VanDeest put up 12 points and eight rebounds for the Bulldogs. Jordan Clarke had nine points and added 11 rebounds. For the Bears, Anthony Downing got a season-high 26 points and four assists. Next up for Drake (9-11, 3-6 The Valley) is Southern Illinois (8-11, 1-7 The Valley) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Drake Game Notes
- Drake started 9-11 during the 2009, 2003, 2001, 2000, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Drake has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 67 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 56.3% or better this season, Drake has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Drake has lost 89% of the time (1-8).
- Drake set season lows for blocks and free throws made.
- Drake has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Ben Simons and Micah Mason) accounted for 53.7% of the points.
- Jordan Clarke accounted for 37.9% of the team's rebounds.
- Ben Simons has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 20 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 20 games this season.
- Jordan Clarke recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Missouri State Game Notes
- Anthony Downing recorded a team season high in points with 26 and field goals made with 10.
- Anthony Downing accounted for 34.6% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Gavin Thurman and Keith Pickens) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Downing has led the team in scoring 13 times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Anthony Downing's career.
- Anthony Downing has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Downing set a career high with 26 points.
- Keith Pickens set career highs with 19 points and 6 field goals made.