|East Tenn State||M Dubose 15.5||L Wilson 5.7||P McClain 3.7|
|USC Upstate||T Craig 17.2||R Glenn 8.5||T Greene 2.4|
East Tennessee State travels to G.B. Hodge Center on Monday to take on USC Upstate. It takes place at 7:30 EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Buccaneers are 6-2 against the Spartans over the last four years. They lost 58-54 the last time they played (1/27/2012).
East Tennessee State is in 6th place in the Atlantic Sun and would love to gain ground on USC Upstate, who sit in 5th place.
In their last game, Hunter Harris put up 25 points and 8 rebounds in the Buccaneers 89-75 win over North Florida on January 26th. He leads the team in blocks per game with 1.0 while also putting up 7.8 points per game. For the Spartans, Ty Greene finished with 24 points and 5 rebounds in the 79-64 blowout of Jacksonville on January 26th. With 2.4 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
Reviewing current performance metrics, USC Upstate has an edge in two significant categories. The Spartans have an advantage over the Buccaneers in assists, with an average of 16 per game to 10 per game. In addition, USC Upstate has the edge in scoring, 71 points per game to 62 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, USC Upstate is strong in the following categories: offensive rebounding percentage at 37.5 and turnover percentage at 20.3.
USC Upstate StatSmack
- The East Tennessee State three-point leader (Lester Wilson) has more three-pointers than the USC Upstate three-point leader (Ty Greene).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. East Tennessee State has a stronger schedule than USC Upstate this season (SOS Rank: #144 vs #298).
- East Tennessee State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than USC Upstate (4 vs 0).
- East Tennessee State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (56.96% to 36.55%).
- The East Tennessee State steals leader (Jarvis Jones) has more steals than the USC Upstate steals leader (Ty Greene).
- Lester Wilson is ranked 3rd in the Atlantic Sun in points, 8th in the Atlantic Sun in rebounds, and 16th nationally in three-pointers.
- At least you keep showing up. East Tennessee State has an average margin of victory of 8 over USC Upstate in 8 wins since 2007.
- The East Tennessee State assist leader (Petey McClain) has more assists than the USC Upstate assist leader (Ty Greene).
- We just win. East Tennessee State has more wins over the last 5 years than USC Upstate (109 vs 60).