|Kansas||B McLemore 16.1||J Withey 8.3||E Johnson 4.8|
|West Virginia||A Murray 10.0||A Murray 6.7||J Staten 2.9|
On Monday, West Virginia plays host to No. 2 Kansas at WVU Coliseum. It takes place at 9:00 EST and you can see it on ESPN.
West Virginia maintains 7th place in the Big 12 while Kansas is in 1st place.
In their last game, Eron Harris put up 17 points in the Mountaineers 80-66 loss to Oklahoma State on January 26th. He tallies 7.4 points per game and also adds 2.0 rebounds per game. For the Jayhawks, Jeff Withey finished with 13 points and 9 rebounds in the 67-54 win over Oklahoma on January 26th. With 8.3 rebounds per game and 4.3 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Kansas appears to have an edge in three significant areas. The Jayhawks have the upper hand in blocked shots, seven per game to three per game. In addition, Kansas has the edge in field goal percentage, 48% to 39%. And lastly, the Jayhawks have the edge in scoring, 74 points per game to 66 points per game. One category in which Kansas is especially proficient is effective field goal percentage at 53.5, ranking 1st in their conference (and 25th nationally).
- Kansas has been ducking West Virginia for over 30 years.
- West Virginia is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on West Virginia is 215 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Kansas.
- The West Virginia steals leader (Juwan Staten) has more steals than the Kansas steals leader (Travis Releford).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? West Virginia currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (979 to 1000) than Kansas, per the NCAA.
- Aaric Murray is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 5th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- West Virginia players are more experienced than Kansas players (10,590 minutes played vs 10,466 minutes played).
- Juwan Staten is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Kansas has to pay up to win. The coach for West Virginia has a much lower base salary than Kansas ($1,700,000 vs $3,375,656).
|C-||A. White III||6||3||2||0||0||0||1|