Delaware vs. Drexel: Full Game Preview
|Delaware||D Saddler 19.2||J Hagins 10.9||D Saddler 3.1|
|Drexel||D Lee 18.2||D McCoy 8.2||F Massenat 4.4|
Drexel welcomes Delaware to Daskalakis Athletic Center on Monday. Tip-off is at 7:00 EST and you can see it on NBCSN. The Dragons are 5-3 against the Fightin' Blue Hens over the last four years. The last time they met (1/28/2012) they won 71-55.
Drexel is in 4th place in the conference, Delaware is in 7th place.
The 20 points and 5 rebounds by Damion Lee helped the Dragons to a 68-57 victory over Georgia State on January 26th. His 18.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Fightin' Blue Hens, Devon Saddler finished with 16 points and 6 rebounds in the 64-50 loss to James Madison on January 23rd. He leads the team in points with 19.2 per game and assists with 3.1 per game.
- Frantz Massenat is ranked 2nd in the CAA in assists.
- Drexel is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Drexel is 77.6 inches compared to 76.1 inches for Delaware.
- We just win. Drexel has more wins over the last 5 years than Delaware (101 vs 75).
- Drexel is a better three-point shooting team (34.4% vs 28.8%) than Delaware this season.
- Daryl McCoy is ranked 6th in the CAA in rebounds.
- People just expect us to beat you. Drexel has been the favorite 20 out of the last 26 times.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Drexel has come back to win after being down at half against Delaware 3 times since 2002.
- The Drexel three-point leader (Damion Lee) has more three-pointers than the Delaware three-point leader (Devon Saddler).
- At least you keep showing up. Drexel has an average margin of victory of 8 over Delaware in 40 wins since 1980.
- The Drexel basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Delaware (100% vs 53%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Drexel currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (966 to 954) than Delaware, per the NCAA.