Pittsburgh vs. Louisville: Full Game Preview
|Pittsburgh||T Zanna 11.2||S Adams 6.3||T Woodall 5.6|
|Louisville||R Smith 18.4||G Dieng 10.0||P Siva 6.0|
Pittsburgh visits KFC Yum! Center on Monday to take on No. 12 Louisville. Tip-off occurs at 7:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Panthers are 1-4 against the Cardinals over the last four years. They lost 57-54 the last time they played (2/26/2012).
Louisville is in 5th place in the conference and nipping at the heels of 3rd place Pittsburgh.
The 18 points and 5 rebounds by Trey Zeigler helped the Panthers to a 93-55 cakewalk over DePaul on January 26th. He tallies 6.0 points per game and also adds 2.0 rebounds per game. For the Cardinals, Gorgui Dieng put up 12 points and 7 rebounds in the 53-51 loss to Georgetown on January 26th. With 10.0 rebounds per game and 2.4 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- Pittsburgh is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Pittsburgh is 78.0 inches compared to 76.5 inches for Louisville.
- Tray Woodall is ranked 18th nationally in assists.
- Pittsburgh has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.760 to 0.736).
- AP voters think more highly of Pittsburgh and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Louisville (164 vs 142).
- Pittsburgh is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Pittsburgh is 218 lbs compared to 210 lbs for Louisville.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Pittsburgh has come back to win after being down at half against Louisville 4 times since 2005.
- Louisville has to pay up to win. The coach for Pittsburgh has a much lower base salary than Louisville ($1,091,688 vs $2,250,000).
- Pittsburgh allows fewer rebounds (25.8 allowed per game vs 32.8 allowed per game) than Louisville this season.
- James Robinson is ranked 8th in the Big East in assists.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Pittsburgh currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (990 to 965) than Louisville, per the NCAA.
- Steven Adams is ranked 6th in the Big East in rebounds and 5th in the Big East in blocks.
|C||S. Van Treese||13||2||3||0||1||0||0|