On Sunday, January 27th, Rutgers dropped one to Connecticut 66-54 in conference play. Jerome Seagears put up a career-high 21 points plus two rebounds for the Scarlet Knights. Kadeem Jack had eight points and added nine rebounds. Shabazz Napier finished with a team-high 19 points and six assists for the Huskies. Rutgers (12-7, 3-5 Big East) takes on 21st-ranked Cincinnati (16-4, 4-3 Big East) on Wednesday, January 30th on the road.
Rutgers Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:52 left to go.
- Rutgers started 12-7 during the 2010, 2005, and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Rutgers has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Scarlet Knights have lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 39.3% or worse.
- Rutgers set a season low for free throws made.
- Rutgers has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Jerome Seagears accounted for 38.8% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Jack and Eli Carter) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Jack has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 19 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Jerome Seagears's career.
- Jerome Seagears had career highs with 21 points, 8 field goals made, and 4 three-pointers.
Connecticut Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shabazz Napier and Ryan Boatright) accounted for 51.5% of the points.
- Shabazz Napier has led the team in scoring 10 times in 18 games this season.
- DeAndre Daniels has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Ryan Boatright has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Niels Giffey set a career high with 4 steals.