Morgan State vs. NC Central: Full Game Preview
|Morgan State||D Jackson 14.6||A Hubbard 6.9||J Black 3.2|
|NC Central||J Ingram 15.4||S Kidd 7.2||E Chapman 6.1|
Morgan State travels to McLendon-McDougald Gymnasium on Monday to take on North Carolina Central. Tip-off is at 7:45 EST. The Bears last played the Eagles on 1/23/2012 and won 71-64.
North Carolina Central is in 1st place in the conference and Morgan State is in 5th place.
In a 55-52 win over North Carolina A&T on January 26th, DeWayne Jackson put up 14 points and 12 rebounds for the Bears. He leads the team in points with 14.6 per game and steals with 2.2 per game. For the Eagles, Ray Willis finished with 20 points and 6 rebounds in the 84-75 win over Coppin State on January 26th. He is averaging 13.5 points and 5.1 rebounds per game. A key area of strength for North Carolina Central is effective field goal percentage at 53.1, which ranks 1st in their conference (and 32nd nationally).
North Carolina Central StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morgan State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (899 to 893) than North Carolina Central, per the NCAA.
- Shaquille Duncan is ranked 5th in the MEAC in blocks.
- The Morgan State blocks leader (Shaquille Duncan) has more blocks than the North Carolina Central blocks leader (Jay Copeland Jr).
- Morgan State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Morgan State is 217 lbs compared to 197 lbs for North Carolina Central.
- Morgan State takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than North Carolina Central (2 vs 0).
- Morgan State players are more experienced than North Carolina Central players (7,389 minutes played vs 7,203 minutes played).
- Morgan State beat North Carolina Central by 7 points the last time they played (Jan 23, 2012).
- Morgan State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Morgan State is 78.9 inches compared to 76.0 inches for North Carolina Central.
- Morgan State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.556 to 0.363).
- We just win. Morgan State has more wins over the last 5 years than North Carolina Central (101 vs 53).
|C||Jay Copeland Jr||23||9||5||0||1||1||1|